Monday, January 10, 2011

Training – Day 8 (w2)

It’s been a few days since I’ve written, so I thought I’d catch up on my posts.  The last few days have been very busy between starting spring cleaning in our house and trying to get some exercise in.  On last Friday, I completed the whole 8 cycles of my training schedule.  I was so thrilled!  Many thanks go out to my friends Kara & Nancy for encouraging me along the way. 
I had a “cheat” day on Saturday because our friends’ daughter, Allison, was baptized and we went to a celebratory brunch afterward.  I tried to stick with the fruit and veggies (sans dip), but the cake looked sooooo delicious!  So, I decided to forgo some spinach artichoke dip and have a piece of cake instead.  It was a good decision!! :)
I still haven’t had a real coke or any sweet tea in a week.  That’s a huge accomplishment for me!  I’m sticking with Coke Zero, unsweet tea (w/ Splenda) and water.  It’s not quite as bad as I thought!  At one point, I was CRAVING real sugar, so I went to order a large sweet tea at Chik-fil-A.  When I got to the window, my drink was a medium unsweet tea instead, so I asked them again for a Large sweet tea.  The second time, I got a large unsweet tea.  I thought - Are you kidding me?! I guess that was God’s way of keeping me on track! 
Weigh-in was this morning.  I weighed 197 lbs for a net loss of 3 pounds this week!  Woo Hoo!!!!  Not only that, but my jeans feel a little roomier in the waist.  I hear that you will notice loss in your clothes first (generally).  Of course, I would have liked to lose more, but I made MAJOR accomplishments this past week :
#1 – Being able to finish an entire training schedule on Friday
#2 – Loss of 3 lbs
#3 – Avoiding “real” coke or sweet tea.
My goals for Week 2 are as follows:
  • Continue eating healthy – avoid “leaded” cokes and teas
  • Run at least 3 days
  • Do some type of exercise / walk on the days that I don’t run
  • Sign up for the run!!!
So, here I go……. 1 week down, 11 more to go. On your mark. Get set.  GO!!

0 comments: