Friday, January 14, 2011

Training - Day 12 (w2)

It's been a LONG week!  Physically, I feel like I am about 30 years older than I really am.  So far, I have completed 1 running program, walked 2.5 miles yesterday and walked 3 miles today at Memorial Park.  I tried to run today, but I was only able to finish 3 cycles of my training program due to my horrible shin splints.  They have been getting so bad that I can barely put one foot in front of the other.  This pain is worse than almost any other I have felt before - possibly because it never goes away..... it's always there!

So, on the way home from Memorial Park, we stopped at On the Run in Webster for an evaluation and fitting.  I had previously been to Fleet Feet in Houston several years ago, but the shoes they recommended for me (Asics) there just aren't cutting it any more.  So the guy that helped me out at On the Run was great!  He found a new & improved shoe for me.  Apparently, I am an underpronater so my ankles roll out when I run - leading to severe shin splints.  After trying on several pairs of shoes, I chose another pair of Asics - just a different style.  The new shoes are the Asics Gel Cumulus 12, and already I love, love, love them!!!!  They feel great just wearing them around the house..... the true test will be on our run tomorrow.  I found this video online about pronation  http://www.runnersworld.com/article/0,7120,s6-240-319-327-7727-0,00.html

Diet has been going well.  I DID cheat yesterday and have a taco salad at lunch.  We ended up going to a Mexican restaurant, so I felt like the salad was the best thing to choose from..... my weakness though - the shell!  After just 2 weeks of eating healthier, I felt absolutely GROSS after lunch!  I didn't even eat the whole thing - but I haven't had any greasy food in almost 2 weeks.  Hoping for good results at weigh-in on Monday morning :)

Till next time!  M

0 comments: