Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Training – Day 2 (w1)

Exercise today was not part of the official training plan; however, I decided I’d give it a whirl – don’t want to lose momentum this early!  I repeated the same schedule from yesterday, except this time I ran alone.  My hip and calf are still KILLING me, so this time I only got 5/8 cycles completed.  I did do the warm up & cool down walks though.  Brent thinks I’m trying to dive into this way too fast.  He thinks I should have waited another day before starting the next schedule….. In retrospect, I completely concur!  I think my over-zealousness pushed me to go way too fast, way too quick.  So, I will stick with the official training schedule and run 3 days / week with a day of rest in between.  Well – not completely rest……. I plan on at least walking on the “off” days to keep the momentum going.

So, I was thinking about why my hip hurts so bad, and I started looking at my measurements / stats.  What they don’t show is that my legs are like bean poles (short ones though).  If they were cut off, they probably wouldn’t weigh over 25 lbs, which means they are holding up 175-180 lbs of FAT.  ICK!!!!!!!!  It’s just nasty when I say it out loud.  I’m hoping that as the weight starts to come off, the running will become easier.  Even when I was a firefighter and carrying around 75 lbs of gear and tools, I didn’t have aches and pains like this.  I would much rather be doing that again :)

I’m adding a link to a fitness website about body shape. http://www.freedieting.com/body_shape.htm   It appears that I am currently classified as an “apple” where the majority of my weight is centered around my torso.  This body shape is probably one of the worst you can have, because fat tends to settle around the heart, kidneys, GI tract, etc…… This puts “apples” at high risk for heart attack, stroke, diabetes, high cholesterol……. and the list goes on and on and on…. 

I challenge you to visit the following website:  http://www.epigee.org/fitness/body_shape.html  It will help you determine your body type / shape and plan exercises that maximize weight loss for that shape.  I have always liked using the elliptical trainer at the gym, but I just found out that “apples” who use the elliptical will end up losing weight in their legs faster, making proportions even more out-of-proportion!  Running seems to be a good alternative :O)

Well, that’s it for today!  Thanks to all who left inspiring and uplifting messages on this site as well as my Facebook!  It’s going to be an early night!

christmas meagan brent

**** Another picture that inspires me to succeed!

0 comments: