Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Almost a month in......

I can't believe I'm already 23 days into my training!  Wow!  Time has flown by faster than I could have imagined.  The second half of last week was a bit of a flop in the running dept.  Zoe's 2nd birthday was on Saturday, and my parents came into town on Thursday.  Needless to say, we were busy from sun-up to sun-down every day with party preparations, pictures, and visiting.  I actually felt really bad for not doing some sort of exercise.  Can you believe it?  It's like my body is starting to crave it - even though it kicks my butt every time :)

Despite blowing the diet on cake & ice cream this past weekend, I still managed to lose 2.5 lbs in the past week.  Hip, Hip, Hurray!!  As of today, I'm right at 191.5 lbs for a total loss of 8.5 lbs so far.  I can't believe it!  Hopefully, by this time next week, I will be under the 190 mark and will NEVER return there!!!  It felt so good to say goodbye to 200, 199, 198, 197, 196, 195, 194, 193, & 192.  I will definintely not miss any of those weights!!!!! 

This week hasn't gotten off to a great start.  Zoe is really sick w/ fever and sinus & respiratory infections.  I didn't do any exercise on Sunday or Monday due to her being sick & it being cold / rainy out.  I did, however, get out this afternoon for a brisk 3.1 mile walk around the neighborhood.  My walking times have improved some.  My average was ~ 16.7 min / mi up from 20 min/mi when I started.  The shin splints are still a HUGE deterrant to running long distances, but I am determined to work through them.  I've come to the realization that if I can't run the whole race, I will walk some of it too!  I WILL finish no matter what!  As my friend Kara says, I've got to rid myself of the "stinkin thinkin" to be able to accomplish anything. 

When I took Zoe to the doctor today, she mentioned to me that I look so much more relaxed that before.  I guess being able to stay at home with Zoe on a full-time basis and beginning an exercise regimen have really helped to improve my stress levels and the effects I have on others.  What a novel idea...... ;)  I should have started exercising a long time ago!!

Well, off to get dinner.  I didn't cook tonight, so I think we will head to Subway for one of the 'under 6' subs (sans soda & chips).  Till next time - keep pushing!! M

0 comments: