Thursday, March 10, 2011

Praise You in This Storm

So, I started off the day telling myself that failure is NOT an option" for me in this fitness / weightloss journey.  I have overcome so much in the past 2 months since starting to reclaim my health/life. 

Rewind for a minute - Many people probably don't know that almost 3 years ago, I lived in and out of the hospital with major kidney problems and even had my urine draining into a bag (my third appendage at the time) - which I carried around in a cute purse.  Most people didn't even realize what that clear tubing coming out from my shirt bottom was.  Most of that summer was a huge fog to me, but I do know that my friends and family were there by my side....Where would I be without them today - I don't know!

Back to present, I never could have imagined after 6 surgeries in the summer of 2008 and a decade of infertility issues / loss that I would be able to complete a 5K in 44 mins.  Things sure have changed!  In starting this life transformation, I feel like I have found myself again.  It's like God has given me a new lease on life.  It's amazing how God presents us with life-altering experiences that either break us or make us stronger.  I have decided to be stronger, to live life to the fullest, and to be a happy person. 

Today, I approached my friend Mel about doing a 5K on 3/27/11 on Galveston Beach.  This would be the perfect pre-10K traininng.  Well, Mel decided to kick it up a notch.  When she found out that we have the option to do a duathalon (run & bike), she decided that we should join as a relay team.  High on life - I accepted the challenge.  Am I crazy???  Apparently, I will run / walk 2 miles, then she will bike 8 miles, and I will finish the race with another 2 mile run/walk.  The running portion of the race will take place on the packed sand of Stewart Beach.  Brent and I have talked about giving it a try tomorrow morning before committing to the duo relay part!  Wish me luck.  I hope I haven't bitten off more than I can chew!!!

In the theme of pressing forward when it almost seemed impossible, I have decided that my theme song for today is "Praise You in This Storm" by Casting Crowns.  I hope it touches at least one person the way it has touched me! 



More to post tomorrow after our trip down the shore!  Till then, stay positive & Praise be to God!

2 comments:

Sonya :) said...

You are a good kind of crazy! :) I'm so happy for you! Nothing makes me happier than reading how much better you are feeling about yourself. I've know you my whole life and I can tell you that I KNOW that you can do ANYTHING! You can do this duathlon. I am so proud of you. I love you!!

The Crazy Castros said...

So HAPPY for you girl, love the song;))) so true !!!