Monday, March 21, 2011

No Pain, No Gain

Day 2 of boot camp is over, and my body is really feeling the workout now!  I learned a very important lesson tonight!  *  Do NOT eat within an hour of rigorous exercise, because it will most likely come back up during your exercise routine!!!  Yes, for the first time in my life, I threw up during boot camp.  I think it was a combination of getting too hot and having eaten dinner only 45 minutes before going to class.  Believe me, I will not be doing that again :)

Tonight we did a combination of weight-bearing exercises for abs, chest, legs, and back using the tabata method.  For those of you who have never heard of tabata training, it's essentially a high intensity interval training.  You do high-intensity workout for 20 seconds, followed by 10 seconds of rest, and repeating for a total of 8 sets.  After the 8 sets, you get a 1 minute rest - then start the cycle again - for a total of 5 cycles.  Whew!  As I am looking at some of the information online about tabata, I am finding out that it is really the most effective way to train.  It will kick your butt!  A website that explains the workout in more detail is:  http://www.intervaltraining.net/tabata.html

I am enjoying meeting new people in class!  I am finding out that many of us have so much in common when it comes to our fitness / lifestyle goals.  It always helps to have someone you can relate to that will keep you motivated!  I can't say enough about the encouragement that Master Garza gives all of us!  He is truly inspirational.  The workouts are so hard, but I know that he would not ask us to do anything he doesn't think we couldn't do! 

Finally, I would like to give a shout-out to a fellow blogger that I just started following.  Mr. Huff came to speak to our boot camp class last night about his weightloss journey.  His story is so inspiring - much like my own story.  You can check out his blog at http://rufftuffhuff.blogspot.com/.  I would highly encourage you to follow his journey as well!


Well, it's late, and I have to go to my internship tomorrow morning.  Going to take a hot shower, gulp down some water, and take 800mg of Motrin before bed.  Till next time - Keep reaching for the stars!!  M

0 comments: