Sunday, May 15, 2011

2 bridges - 2 weeks

Ok - so I guess I'm a glutton for punishment.  Nah - just super excited about my newfound hobby.  On Saturday, April 9 (1 week after the Bridge Run 10K), I decided to run the Kemah Bay Bridge in Kemah, TX with some of my Premier Martial Arts Boot Camp friends. 

The Kemah Bridge is one of the only places you can hill train in the Houston area, so I was definitely up for the challenge.  The bridge spans Kemah Bay and connects Kemah with Seabrook, TX.  2 passes over the bridge = 2 miles. 

This was a tough run for me.  I think I may have bitten off way more than I could chew in 1 week, but none-the-less, I finished!  I think I finished in ~ 24 minutes (12 minute miles).  Our group is a great one!  Everyone has inspiring stories to tell and are so supportive of one another.  I couldn't have found a better group to work out with!


I think I may start running this bridge at least once / month to keep up my hill training.  My goal is to run UP the Cooper River Bridge next year in Charleston.  I'll let ya know in June when I can start running again....

0 comments: