Monday, May 16, 2011

12 races

I've been thinking about my new goals since I finished the CBR 10K, and I have come up with a lofty but exciting new one.

I will run one official / timed race per month for the next year.  My friend Melissa jokingly brought this idea up, and I totally fell in love with it!  I'm posting my wishlist for the next year.  I'd love to have company, so let me know if you are interested in joining in on the fun :)

My Competition Wishlist
June 12 - The Orange Classic 5/10K in Middleton, NY (I will be running the 5K option while Brent runs the 10K)

July 15 - Alamo Beer Challenge, Race #1 – Remember the Alamo…Beer: 5K & 10K (night race) / San Antonio, TX


August 13 - Alamo Beer Challenge, Race #2 – Battle of the Mac Park: 8K & 15K (night race) / San Antonio, TX or Galveston Sand Crab 5K & 10K Nighttime Beach Run


September 17 - Toughest 10K in Houston / Kemah-Seabrook Bridge or Alamo Beer Challenge Race #3 – Mission Possible: 10K & 20K (San Antonio, TX)


October 22 - Myrtle Beach Mini Marathon (13.1 miles) - Registered

November 24 - TXU Turkey Trot 5K (Houston, TX)

December 11 - YMCA Houston Jingle Bell Run & Walk / 5K

January 22 - Houston Rockets Run (5K) or January 6 Disney World 1/2 marathon (13.1 mi) / Orlando

February 19 - Paramount Break-A-Leg 5K / Austin Livestrong Marathon (Austin, TX)

March 12/13 - Shamrock Shuffle 5K (Houston) or Run 4 the Children 5K (Katy, TX)

April - Cooper River Bridge 10K

May - Sprint for Life 5K

** So who's in?

1 comments:

Unknown said...

The same people who put on the Toughest 10K also do the La Porte by the Bay Half Marathon. If you do the 10K, you get $10 off the registration for the Half. It will give you another bridge to add to your list!